Monday, October 1, 2012

A Brand Has Been Born!



I wanted to take a moment to direct everyone’s attention towards my new blog and brand; Spooner Sports Marketing. I have recently created this custom brand in hopes of developing a strong brand associated with my future services in the Sports Marketing and Entertainment Industry. I hope to make an impact for my brand and myself in this extremely competitive industry. I currently work for ESPN, so coming up with a personal brand is extremely important in order to set myself apart from others within the same department. With 3 years of technology and sports marketing experience at ESPN, I hope to become a recognizable brand not only within ESPN but also within the industry as a whole. I hope that individuals see my brand as professional but with a quirky sense of humor and lighthearted approach. Spooner Sports specializes in digital and Social Media Marketing solutions.  



I also wanted to touch base on the importance of a blog when trying to set your company, products or services apart from the competition. Blogging is an extremely versatile platform that allows you to further connect with your company’s target audience. The first thing to remember is that your ALWAYS trying to attract a new audience when blogging. Make sure that when you blog, your blogging about new and relevant topics that people in your industry care about at that moment in time. You also want to make sure that your blogging makes sense to your audience, if the topics are off base it will become a challenge to gain fans, customers and a faithful audience. You should also use your blog in order to establish not only short-term relationships with your audience, but long term ones as well. Blogs allow an easy pathway for relationships because they are so personalized. Try keeping your blogs lighthearted and interesting to read, leave out technical slang and overly long posts, people want to be able to enjoy themselves and read articles that don’t require skimming. Your blog should be your personal platform to establish yourself as an “expert” in your industry. You want to let your readers know that you are aware of the hottest trends, topics, headlines, fads etc. By sharing advice, information, suggestions, tips with your audience your essentially telling them that they have no need to go anywhere else for this information. If your readers see you as an expert and your blog is done so in a way that facilities easy fun reading, your audience will keep coming back. 


No comments:

Post a Comment